Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Day with The Captain

Last night I was cleaning through one of my piles of
"things that need to be organized"

And I came across this book...
 

It's selling for $8.99-$17.50 on eBay right now
(but I really don't think I can part with it ~ after all I just found it again lol!!)

I don't remember when or where I picked it up...I just did
because I remember watching
The Captain
all of the time


What is kind of neat...is that when I got on to find out a little
more about my book and 
Bob Keeshan
I saw that Bob was born on today's date back in 1927

So...I thought you could indulge me in a little
nostalgia this afternoon!!


There were so many fun characters that would show up
at "The Captain's Place"



Mr. Green Jeans...
whom I always thought was a funny guy...
and of course Mr. Moose




But my favorite was always
Bunny Rabbit 

 


He was a bunny who didn't have many words...at all
but always the best reactions!





AND he ALWAYS got a carrot or two in the shows...
some of them were
  "Jim-dandy" extra large carrots! ;)


Just in case you haven't gotten enough of the Captain...
here's bunny in moose up to trouble ~ 
can you guess what is about to happen?



Thanks for tagging along with us down memory land today!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Karla & Karrie
The Summer Kitchen Girls

2 comments:

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hi girls! I absolutely LOVED Captain Kangaroo! And all his sidekicks. I grew up with him and Howdy Doody. Thanks for sharing such a great piece of childhood history.

Blessings and hugs, Edie Marie & Marie Antoinette

Curtains in My Tree said...

I watched him every morning waiting on the school bus Ahhhhhhhhhhh
when I was a child 60 years ago

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails